At the Tokyo Game Show 2022 (TGS2022), scheduled to be held at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture from September 15-18, 2022, indie game developers can exhibit for free at TGS2022’s Indie Game Corner. We start accepting from today. You can apply from the dedicated page and the application deadline is Friday, May 27th.
In addition, from the 80 works selected for the “Selected Exhibition”, 8 works with excellent creativity were selected. Developers of these eight titles will have the opportunity to present their work as finalists (speakers) of the game creative showcase event “Sense of Wonder Night 2022 (SOWN2022)” during the conference. ..
This version is cited below
Projects that support independent game developers to exhibit at TGS for free have begun to accept entries for the indie game “Selection Exhibit”. This year, 80 entries can be exhibited in real time.
In addition, there is a chance to be selected as a finalist for the game creative showcase event “Sense of Wonder Night (SOWN)” held during TGS.
Tokyo Game Show 2022 ([Date]September 15th (Thursday) – September 18th (Sunday),[Real Venue]Makuhari Messe/TGS2022) is open to independent game developers for free in the independent game zone of TGS2022. We will start accepting “Selected Exhibitions” that can be displayed in real time from today. You can apply from the dedicated page, and the application deadline is Friday, May 27th.
TGS2022 Independent Game Corner “Selected Exhibition” registration reception page
Professionals, hobbyists, individuals and businesses can participate in the indie game Featured Show, as long as they meet the application requirements. If you are selected as a “Selected Exhibitor”, you will be introduced on the independent game page of the TGS2022 official website. At the same time, you will also enjoy the privilege of using the TGS reservation system to promote the trial version and negotiate business with other exhibitors. In addition, TGS also plans to develop user Participatory voting activities, distribution of works introduction programs, so that the title of “Selected Exhibition” will attract more attention before the conference.
As a treasure trove of original ideas, independent games are increasingly reported by the media as a new force in the game industry. TGS established the “Indie Game Corner” in 2013 to highlight independent game developers. In this corner, there are paid exhibitions for businesses (exhibit applications are being accepted) and “select exhibitions” that you can exhibit for free after screenings. The “Selected Exhibition” is for small game developers, including individuals, to be exhibited at TGS. It provides an opportunity. Through this project, we will disseminate unique games created by a wide range of independent game developers to game stakeholders and game lovers around the world.
Eight works in “Selection Exhibits” were selected as finalists for “SOWN2022”!
At TGS2022, 8 more creative works will be selected from the 80 works selected by the independent game “Selection Exhibit”. The developers of the eight works will have the opportunity to present their work as finalists (speakers) at the game creative showcase event “Sense of Wonder Night 2022 (SOWN2022)” that will be held during the conference. SOWN2022 will be broadcast live with simultaneous interpretation in Japanese and English, and the grand prize and each award will be determined by the live screening. The grand prize will be awarded $3,000 and the other prizes will be awarded $500.
TGS2022 is a place where all games, peripherals and services come together to capture new business opportunities regardless of gaming platform or genre. Keep an eye on this project, arguably the gateway to indie game developers.
* Sense of Wonder Night (SOWN) is a particularly good demo project for game ideas that evokes “the feeling that everyone is changing something in their world” = “sense of wonder”. Speakers will be selected from the indie game “Selection Exhibit”. SOWN2022 is scheduled for Friday, September 16th, the second day of the TGS conference.
* These projects supporting independent game developers will be carried out in cooperation with the International Game Developers Association of Japan (abbreviation: IGDA Japan, President: Katsuteru Takahashi).
Recruitment outline for independent game “exhibition”
- Title: Indie Game “Choose Exhibition”
- * The Indie Game Corner also has a showcase program that you can pay to participate (company only). For details, please refer to “Exhibitor Information” on the official website of TGS2022.
- Period: September 15 (Wood) to September 18 (Sun), 2022
- Display form: live display (Makuhari Messe)
- Exhibition fee: free
- How to apply: Please apply from the “Exhibition” page of the indie game.
- Application deadline: May 27, 2022 (Friday) to 24:00 *Japan time
- Selection: The judges selected 80 works
- <1>Win/Loss Notice for “Selected Exhibits”: Scheduled for late June 2022
- *If you are not selected for an exhibit, you can apply for a paid exhibit (company only).
- * If you would like to participate in a selected exhibition or a paid exhibition, please apply for a paid exhibition after the selected exhibition is rejected.
- <2> Notification of SOWN Finalists Acceptance: Scheduled for late July 2022
- Note: The eight finalists on stage at SOWN2022 will be selected from the “Selected Exhibits”.
- Application conditions
- About the annual sales of the applicant organization.
- Company: Must be 50 million yen or $500,000 or less.
- Individual: 10 million yen or less than US$100,000.
- If the applicant institution is a legal person, it must be capital independent (for example, it must not include the capital of a large game company).
- About the annual sales of the applicant organization.
- Submittable works
- Completely original game (do not show secondary creations without permission).
- Created for a platform that the applicant has the right to develop.
- A person who complies with the CESA Code of Ethics and CERO Code of Ethics and does not meet any of the following.
- 1) Contains expressions that conflict or may conflict with “Prohibited Expressions” in “Appendix 3” of the CERO Code of Ethics (see details here).
- 2) Possibly contain works that are rated in the “Z” category on the CERO exam, or contain expressions equivalent to the “Z” category.
- 3) It has been announced overseas and designated as “17+” (MATURE) category by overseas inspection agencies (ESRB, etc.).
- 4) Scheduled to be announced overseas, may be designated as “17+” (MATURE) category by overseas inspection agencies (ESRB, etc.) (very cruel, seems to correspond to “13+” (teenage) category. No job)
- Notes for today’s presentation
- SOWN2022 speakers are required to participate in the indie game “Selection Exhibit”.
- Speakers will have 10 minutes to speak. You will be required to demonstrate and demonstrate the game within the specified time (Japanese ⇔ English simultaneous interpretation is provided).
- The press conference will be held at the official program distribution studio of Makuhari Messe.
- Inquiries about the indie game “Selection Exhibit” (email only)
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sense of Wonder Night 2022 (SOWN2022) Implementation Overview
- Date: September 16, 2022 (Friday) 16:00-18:00 *Japan time
- Distribution method: Simultaneous distribution on YouTube Live, Twitter, Nico Nico, Twitch, etc., and distribution on Chinese video platforms such as Huya.
- Venue: Makuhari Messe Official Program Distribution Studio (Mihama-ku, Chiba Prefecture)
- Prize money: Spectator Prize Grand Prix US$3,000
- $500 per award (Audience Award Semi-Grand Prix Best Game Design Award, etc.)
Tokyo Game Show 2022 Overview
- Name: Tokyo Game Show 2022 (TOKYO GAME SHOW 2022)
- Sponsor: Computer Entertainment Suppliers Association (CESA)
- Co-organizers: Nikkei BP Co., Ltd., Dentsu Co., Ltd.
- Support: Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (planned)
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 Business Day 10: 00-17: 00
- Friday, September 16, 2022 Business Day 10:00-18:00
- *General tourists are scheduled to enter from 14:00 to 18:00 on September 16 (Friday).
- September 17, 2022 (Sat) General public day 10:00～18:00
- September 18, 2022 (Sun) General public day 10:00～18:00
- *Depending on availability, open days may open at 9:30.
- Meeting place: Makuhari Messe (Mihama-ku, Chiba Prefecture) 1-8 Messe/International Conference Hall
- Visitors: 150,000
- Number of booths for exhibition: 1500